Friday, September 9, 2011

September 9, 2011

Dear Baby,

I made it to Vermont and back and am happy to report that I had a wonderful time.  Some day, you will enjoy going to Vermont, a place with lots of trees and lots of dogs.  Oh, the people in Vermont love their canine friends, and this weekend your aunt and uncle were taking care of 12 canine legs belonging to three dogs. 


Bearlington gets his heart before getting his happiness fluff

You will really enjoy a stop at the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory.  It's a place where you can go around and administer a "hug test" to stuffed bears of various shapes, sizes and softness.  In fact, you can even create your own bear.  While I promise to let you do so in the future, I'm happy to say that you have a couple of bears that are waiting for you in your nursery right now.  Bearlington is a very huggable carmel colored bear that has been filled with what I am assured is 100% pure happiness fluff.  Furmont, his friend, is a soft and furry chocolate brown bear that was filled to the brim with love fluff.  I know this because I was the one who created them.

Until you are ready to travel to Vermont to see your aunt and uncle and make your own teddy bear, these two will keep you company.


Bearlington (l.) and Furmont were born at the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory in Shelburn, VT on September 3, 2011


Sometime, we'll also take you up to Quebec to visit Parc Safari. Hopefully, we'll not have to contend with mud created by a tropical storm and we can see the giraffes striding among the other animals. But even if they are in their pens, we'll have fun feeding and petting the other animals just like we did this past weekend.  



We got up close and personal with some American Bison, too.  While they were smaller than I expected them to be, they were large enough to strike fear into the heart of Tracy.


The furry beast behind Tracy is an American Bison

I have also heard that during the fall, winter and spring, there are dogsled rides at a place nearby.  The next time I go out there when the rivers aren't high and the roads aren't closed and the people aren't stranded, I'll take a dogsled trip and see if its something you would enjoy.  I suspect it would be.

Soon, baby, you'll be joining us on these adventures!

Love,

Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment