Wednesday, November 2, 2011

November is National Adoption Month

November is National Adoption Month, a month dedicated to raising awareness about adoption and celebrating families created through adoption.  Throughout the month, I will be posting my views about how society sees adoption in the hope that my readers will take the opportunity to examine their beliefs about adoption. 

Since the beginning of this blog, I've been searching for my voice.  The process is a lot like trying on clothes.  You like how things look on the mannequins, but until you try it on yourself, you just aren't sure of how it will actually look, feel and fit on you. 

I intend to continue to provide glimpses into our lives throughout the blog, but wanted to take this opportunity to try and flesh out some thoughts about adoption that seem pretty persistent in my head.  I appreciate feedback from you and hope that this provides at least a little food for thought this November.

No comments:

Post a Comment